She and her twin sister Oceane are now 13 days old and both are doing great!!!
Anh-Dao had left the hospital with the babies only 3 nights after their birth. I was so happy to see the whole family united in our little flat in Maroubra. Since then, our days have been formed by an intensive routine of feeding, changing nappies, settling and sleeping in a 4 hour pattern. Fortunately Anh-Dao manages feeding the two kids simultaneously, so she saves a lot of time and gets longer breaks to try and catch up with some sleep of her own (imagine running a marathon and immediately after that being sleep deprived for weeks...). I took off 3 weeks from work in order to provide practical and emotional support. Of course I love changing the kids' nappies and giving them a bath now and then. But even more I enjoy having those frequent and huge yummie meals with Anh-Dao...which also benefits the kids: Anh-Dao and I can't wait for those hilarious moments after the breast-feeding, when Laetitia and Oceane seem so totally drunk that we can nearly do anything with them.
The midwifes doing the few home-visits said Anh-Dao and the kids were doing really great. Anyway, the four of us together already managed to go out for a seafood dinner in a restaurant, a shopping tour and a tea-party. Though they are completely different in physical appearance and emotional behaviour, we can say that both twins are definitely natural born party animals!
Well, my holiday time is almost over. It was a great time, and now I hope that my three sweet ladies will enjoy the time even more where the Dad is out of house off for work...
We've posted our favourite pics of the hospital time and the first week at home in the following two albums on flickr:
Royal Hospital for Women
Newborn Twins at home
Have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment