I can't believe how fast everything goes. A couple of days ago the first autumn day already knocked at our window, with clear blue sky, cool offshore winds and a beautiful swell. Unfortunately there's not much enjoying all of this for me right now. Work has been and still is very demanding, and I don't know if I were able to carry this pressure, wasn't it for the good cause. I'm feeling very dedicated to sustainable development, and that job with Arup gives me the opportunity to earn a living and develop more competency within this field. But in some ways there's still much to do to make the job itself sustainable for me, and the family. It's 4 o'clock on Sunday morning, and I am writing this, because I can't manage to sleep due to issues around work that consume all my attention even during the dreams. Well, at least I take the opportunity to write this new post and update the blog.
What other news? Anh-Dao has recently survived her first tandem sky-dive adventure. Apparently the first parachute failed to open correctly... She said the jump out of the aeroplane was really great: She had two accellerations into free fall for the price of one, and the bonus of more free fall time than she'd ever expected. She'll certainly never forget that day, and we're all glad to have our Anh-Dao back safe. By the way she's now got a scooter to go to work. I had a short ride with her the day she brought it home. The fresh breeze from the ride gives a nice feeling of freedom. It's like holiday (For me, riding my bike is hard but happy work to get to work - I know there were other times where the bike ride was for school, or money, or a race, or a ride through tibet ;-) Of course it's not the same feeling like on her previous one, the good old Honda Hornet 650.
Time's are changing, and so do we all. Anyway, I bet there's still a lot af adventures awaiting us. And even once retired (if we get there at all, one day), life continues to be a pijama (so my dear sister Evi always says...). Here is an example of what life can bring after retirement - demonstrated by my very own parents: Grand-Pa's and Grand-Mum's Homepage.
Cheers everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment